Kingshouse & Glencoe
Download the FREE App

Kingshouse & Glencoe

Kingshouse is a hamlet formerly served by the Kingshouse railway station which opened in 1871 and closed in 1965.

Glencoe Village is the main settlement in Glen Coe which is part of the Lochaber area of the Scottish Highlands. It lies at the north-west end of the glen, on the southern bank of the River Coe where it enters Loch Leven.

The use of the term 'Glencoe Village' is a modern one, to differentiate the settlement from the glen itself.